Why Family Athletic Club “Ydria”?
Ydria is the only sports club in Greece specializing in baby and toddler swimming. The director of the program is Margarita Kontzia, who in 1999 first introduced baby swimming programs to Greece, and is the only specialized baby swimming educator in Greece – and one of the few in the world:
- Holds a postgraduate (Masters) degree in baby swimming.
- Birthlight Teacher of baby swimming.
- Teacher of Austswim* and exclusive representative in Greece for the education of swimming coaches and training in baby swimming.
All instructors in Ydria are physical education teachers, fully trained in infant swimming, and are all lifeguard degree holders. They are the only ones in Greece with Austwim certifcation to teach swimming, baby swimming, and water safety. They are educators with great love for children and Ydria’s teaching takes place in a very positive and supportive environment.
*Austswim is Australia’ s national organisation for teaching swimming and water safety (www.austswim.com.au).
All the classes without exception are:
- Strictly held in small groups
- Divided according to age and swimming level of the children
- Taught by an instructor who is always in the pool
- Conducted with a well-organized lesson plan and specific training objectives
The facilities used by the Ydria are health and safety compliant, and the pool are cleaned using ozone.